If you are suffering from a build-up of phlegm, then you may want to make sure that you are eating foods that will help you get rid of it. This is especially the case if some of the food that you have been eating is actually the cause of your phlegm problems. So stop eating those, and start eating some foods that will actually help cure or get rid of your phlegm.
To help you out, I have scoured the web and discovered 10 awesome phlegm treating recipes for you to try out. Each of these recipes utilize ingredients that help to break down that nasty phlegm and help you loosen it, cough it up or just stop producing it altogether. What do you have to lose giving a couple of these a try? You may just find one that not only helps relieve your phlegm symptoms, but also tastes good!
So without further ado, here is the top 10 list!
Top 10 Phlegm Remedy Recipes
1) Masala Chai – This is not so much a recipe as it is a special drink concoction. Every ingredient in this is meant to help break down and reduce the phlegm you are dealing with. Not to mention it is pretty darn delicious.
2) Radish Recipes – There are actually two radish recipes on this page. I recommend going with the radish soup. Radish is a very effective ingredient in loosening phlegm and decreasing throat soreness and irriation.
3) Seaweed and Tofu Soup – A very interesting recipe that will help to cure a cough with phlegm. If you can find the ingredients, give it a go!
4) Salt Water Gargle – This is really only 2 ingredients, but many people swear by the effectiveness of this, that it just had to be on the list.
5) Basil, Pepper, Ginger Boil – This is referred to as a “basic decoction” on the page. It is near the bottom and is considered to be an excellent home remedy for phlegm. Try it out!
6) Haritaki with Honey and Milk – This is a fruit that you can buy in a powder form to take with milk and honey. It is supposed to be great for more extreme cases of phlegm. Worth a try! Be sure to read all of the info on this page before trying.
7) Grape and Licorice Root – On the recipe page, the ‘Kam Choe’ is the licorice root. It sounds like it worked very effectively for the person sharing it. I think I’ll try this one soon!
8) Apple Soup – Not only does this look and sound delicious, but it has some great phlegm curing ingredients. I would eat this even if I wasn’t experiencing problems with phlegm
9) Arrowroot and Water Chestnuts in Chicken Soup – Another soup that just sounds delicious, jam-packed with phlegm fighting ingredients!
10) Tomato Tea – I honestly never thought of having tomato in my tea. But in this case, it actually sounds pretty good. Another one I will be trying soon!
Well that is the end of our list of phlegm fighting recipes. I hope you will pick a couple out to give a try and see if they will help you get rid of that nasty phlegm. As someone who knows what it is like to deal with phlegm and not being able to eat a lot of foods that actually agitate my body into producing more phlegm, I am excited to try some of these and I hop you are too.
Be sure to come back and leave a comment on any of these recipes that you try and if they worked for you or not.